Directory

Friday, April 16, 2010

Kick-Ass Kicked Ass (sorry I had to say it)

   So I saw Kick-Ass last night and I have to say GOD DAMN! That movie definitely hits on on my top five favorite comic book movies of all time and its probably the most faithful adaptation of all the comic book movies. Now that you know how much I liked the movie let me rewind a bit to a time when i was first picking the first few issues up on a monthly basis.
  Before the the mini series was even done we all started hearing it was already being made into a movie and those of us who read Kick-Ass and love Mark Millar's writing were extremely excited. I do remember being a little disappointed when i heard Nick Cage was playing Big Daddy and Christopher Mintz-Plasse was to play Red Mist but when I saw the first trailer and the clip of Big Daddy shooting his daughter Mindy all my doubts were gone. I liked how they used Red Mist in the movie I feel like he was a deeper character than in the comic I was just not a huge fan of the costume. As for Big Daddy I actually think this is one of Nick Cage's best roles in his career he makes you laugh and he makes you care about Big Daddy even a little more than in the comic. Cage successfully pulls off the whole loving father thing even though he is having his daughter murder mass amounts of people. At one point in the movie when he is talking to his old partner you can see the pain he's feeling especially when his partner states that he is stealing Mindy's childhood away from her and Cage replies "Frank D'Amico stole her childhood from her!" Not only did cage surprise me but so did Aaron Johnston, up until the casting started for Kick-Ass I never heard of him and yet when I saw him as Dave (Kick-Ass) I was convinced there could be no other actor better for this part. Another actor I never herd of was Chloe Moretz and she stole the show when she was murdering and swearing at all the scum in the movie, it was absolutely hilarious.
 Overall Id give Kick-Ass a 5 out of 5 I really Enjoyed it. The movie had a solid story that was fresh and original, the cast was perfect, the action was both intense and funny at times, and to date its the most faithful comic book movie out there.
Verdict: 5 out of 5

2 comments:

  1. wow thanks for the SPOILER ALERT no need to watch the movie now i guess now that u ruined it fer everyone

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete